Wednesday, July 2, 2008

All roads now lead here...

This is my new site for updates/info on my art projects and blogs. I'll continue to have info on my music projects over at Matt Warren Muzik and the specific project spaces.

mumble(speak)
TRIAD (stay tuned for gigs in Hobart, late August)
Broken Tiny
TIMEOFFICE (archive only)


I'm pretty much in degree-mode at the moment, but I do have a few things coming up. Click on the images to see them larger.

I'm contributing a couple of images to "iPAWS (International Psychic Amateurs Work/Study Group) in Vancouver in August, curated by the ever wonder Jo Cook. Here is a preview of one of the images.











Searching For Voices (Still)



In August I'm in the group exhibition "Parallel" at Hobart's Long Gallery curated by Brigita Ozolins. I was originally going to exhibit the work In Haunted Attics. I'm now contributing the video and surround-sound installation Portal Lux Aeterna. Still below.










Portal Lux Aeterna (still)


I've just completed a couple of new works, no specific plans on how or where to show them, but here are a couple of images to preview them.








S.O.S (Speed Of Sound) - a sound work, thin curtain rail 'swished' through the air 9 times and slowed down 3 octaves. The above image is from the 'video clip' documenting the recording.









Exhalation - a performance by Matt Warren at 36 Years. This is a still from the documentation. Exhaling breath for as long as possible 36 times. An ongoing performance, that increases in duration each year.


The following images are the most recent works I've shown.
The first body of images are from Apparently Nothing, the collaboration with Deborah Pollard.
This was presented at "Dream House" group show curated by Mary Pridmore at Plimsoll Gallery in Hobart.












































The following images are from The Lull, a sound and light installation in the two person (with Sally Rees) short exhibition at Auberge Alternative in Montreal, Canada. April 2008.













The Lull
(detail)














The Lull
(with the artist)















All The Lull images by Sally Rees.










No comments: